NOAA, TSR, UKMET, PSU, WSI, and WU Community Predict Active Atlantic Hurricane Season
Posted: 5:11 PM EDT on May 24, 2013
NOAA forecasts an above-normal and possibly very active Atlantic hurricane season in 2013 in their May 23 outlook. They give a 70% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of an near-normal season, and 5% chance of a below-normal season. They call for 16.5 named storms, 9 hurricanes, 4.5 major hurricanes, and an ACE index 162% of normal. This is well above the 1981 - 2010 average of 12 named storms, 6 hurricanes, and 3 major hurricanes.
Read This Blog Entry
Other Featured Blogs:
Did you know that...
A tornado safety expert would tell you to never try and outrun a tornado because the storm will probably catch you. Keeping that in mind, there are exceptions. In 1930, a tornado near Pratt, Kan. was clocked at 5 mph.
More Weather Education Resources