... Winter Storm Watch for heavy snow and blowing snow remains in
effect from Monday morning through Monday evening from Moose Pass
* location... heavy snowfall from Moose Pass north. Strong
easterly winds will add the threat of blowing snow through
Portage Valley and Turnagain Arm.
* Snow... snowfall totals from 12 to 18 inches likely with the
potential for local snow amounts in excess of 24 inches.
* Visibility... potentially reduced to one half mile or less at
* Wind... east wind 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* Timing... snowfall will begin Monday morning and become heavy
by afternoon before slowly tapering off late Monday evening.
* Impacts... travel may be difficult. Visibilities may be
severely limited in heavy snowfall and blowing snow.
A winter storm means there is a potential for significant snow
accumulation that may impact travel. People are encouraged to
closely monitor this weather situation. Preparation for this
potentially dangerous weather event should begin now.