... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM MST /6 PM PST/ this
... Freeze watch remains in effect from late tonight through
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM MST /6 PM PST/ this
evening. A freeze watch remains in effect from late tonight
through Tuesday morning.
* Affected area by wind... the lower Colorado River valley and
southeast California... including the cites of Parker...
Blythe... and Imperial.
* Timing... winds will begin to increase late this morning... peaking
* Timing for freeze watch... temperatures tonight will fall rapidly
due to very dry air... possibly lowering below freezing by Tuesday
* Winds... sustained winds of 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph in the
more wind prone areas such near ridge tops and along the
Colorado River valley.
* Temperature... possibly falling as low as 28 to 32 degrees
* Impacts... gusty north winds will make driving difficult on
east west oriented roadways... particularly Interstate 10.
Several hours of below freezing temperatures can kill
sensitive vegetation and crops. Pets and livestock may be at
risk if not properly sheltered. Persons participating in
outdoor activities and not prepared for the cold weather may
be at risk for hypothermia.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of between
30 and 40 mph are expected... or wind gusts of between 40 and
58 mph. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially
for high profile vehicles. In addition... strong winds over desert
areas could result in briefly lowered visibilities to well under
a mile at times in blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra