... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 10 am Saturday to
4 am PST Sunday...
* snow levels... lowering to 3000 to 3500 feet Saturday and around
3000 feet Saturday night.
* Snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches above 3500 feet and 3 to 7
inches above 5000 feet. Local amounts of 8 to 10 inches are
possible above 7000 feet in the San Bernardino and Riverside
County mountains... and also in the San Diego County mountains
above 5000 feet.
* Timing... snow showers will beginning early Saturday morning...
increasing through midday... then decreasing Saturday night.
* Winds... west 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Isolated gusts
to 60 mph near Mountain Ridge tops.
* Visibility... reduced at times in snow... blowing snow... and fog.
* Impacts... residents and travelers into the mountains should be
prepared for hazardous winter weather conditions and possible
Road closures. If possible... carry chains and take extra food
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel
through the mountains in an emergency. If you must travel... keep
an extra flashlight... food... and water in your vehicle in case
of an emergency.