... High Wind Warning in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening for
eastern Shasta County and higher Sierra...
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening
across foothills and western Shasta County...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening.
* Winds: south 25 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph for the lower
elevations with gusts 50 to 80 mph over higher elevations.
* Timing: through 11 PM PDT.
* Locations include: lowers elevations including Paradise.
* Impacts: potential localized power outages due to downed
trees... limbs... or power poles. Residents should secure
loose outdoor objects. Take extra caution while driving as
roads will be slick from rain in addition to the wind impacts.
Driving will be especially difficult for high profile
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Wind Advisory means that winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Interact with US via social media