... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 4 am PST Saturday...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 10 am PST Saturday...
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon
to 4 am PST Saturday. A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect
from 1 PM this afternoon to 10 am PST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches except for 6 to 9 inches
over the mountains.
* Timing: occasional light snow will continue through early
afternoon. However most of the accumulating snow will fall
between 2 PM this afternoon through 10 am PST Saturday morning.
* Locations in the warning area include: Dorris and the
mountains in northeast Siskiyou and Modoc counties.
* Locations in the advisory area include: Tulelake... Alturas.
* Winds and visibility: periods of very low visibility in
blowing and drifting snow are expected this afternoon due to
southwest winds at 10 to 20 mph. Winds diminish tonight.
* Impacts: due to recent and persistent cold weather... this
snow will be dry and fluffy. Snow will accumulate and
persist on all surfaces unless plowed. Where snow is
compacted... slippery conditions will develop. Highway 199...
395... 299... and 139 will be among the roadways affected.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while