... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 4 PM this
afternoon to 4 am PST Monday...
* hazard types... accumulating snow at elevations above 4000
feet. Windy through and below mountain passes.
* Snow accumulations... up to 2 inches.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing... showers will develop over the Kern County mountains
today and continue through Monday morning. Snow levels will
lower to near 5000 feet this morning... then lower to near 4000
feet by late this afternoon.
* Impacts... people traveling over Interstate 5 or highways 58 and
178 should be prepared for slick roads and possible travel
delays tonight through Sunday night.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.