... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM PST this
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM PST this
evening for the eastern Sierra slopes.
* Timing: snow will fall this morning... then high winds will follow
in the afternoon.
* Snow level: below 5000 feet.
* Total snow accumulations: 3 to 6 inches with locally higher
amounts near the crest.
* Winds: west winds gusting up to 70 mph in the afternoon.
* Impacts: blowing snow will cause very poor visibility and
hazardous driving conditions.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow and blowing snow means severe
winter weather conditions are expected. Only travel in an
emergency since snow and high winds are forecast that will make
travel dangerous. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.