Sunny late this morning then becoming partly cloudy. Scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Highs 90 to 100. Light winds becoming north around 5 mph early this afternoon... then shifting to the west late this afternoon. Chance of thunderstorms 30 percent.
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 11 PM PDT this evening for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather zones 280... 281... 284... 285... 621... and 622...
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Thursday afternoon through Thursday evening for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire weather zones 280... 281... 284... 285... 621... and 622...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather Watch... which is in effect from Thursday afternoon through Thursday evening.
* Affected areas: fire weather zones 280... 281... 284... 285... 621... and 622.
* Thunderstorms... scattered thunderstorms are expected this afternoon through this evening... diminishing in coverage tonight. More thunderstorms are possible Thursday afternoon and evening.
* Outflow winds... 30 to 40 mph gusts are possible on both days.
* Impacts... scattered thunderstorms combined with existing very dry fuels will result in many fire starts in a short period of time. Significant rainfall is expected with some of the thunderstorms... but fire spread is likely in areas that do not receive wetting rain.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.
Sk visit US at www.Weather.Gov/Medford
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.