... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Tuesday morning through
Tuesday evening for strong winds and low relative humidity for
fire weather zones 101... 229 and 466...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for strong winds and low relative humidity... which
is in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday evening.
* Affected area... in Arizona... fire weather zone 101 Lake Mead
nra/Colorado River-AZ side. In California... fire weather zone
229 lower Colorado River valley. In Nevada... fire weather zone
466 Lake Mead nra/Colorado River-NV side.
* Timing... gusty north winds are expected behind a cold front that
is forecast to move through the region late Monday evening. Winds
are expected to increase Monday night and continue into Tuesday
evening. Relative humidity values will drop below 15 percent late
Tuesday morning and remain below 15 percent until Tuesday evening.
* Wind... north winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts around 40 mph.
* Humidity... 10-15 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds... low relative humidity
and dry fuels can create conditions that are favorable for extreme
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are possible. Please advise the appropriate fire weather
officials in the field of this Fire Weather Watch. Listen for
later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.