... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 11 PM MST
* location... the eastern Sawatch and western mosquito ranges
above 11000 feet... including Fremont... Tennessee and Monarch
* Cause and timing... a strong Pacific jet stream will bring
periods of heavy... wind driven snow through Monday evening.
* Snow accumulation... 1 to 2 feet with locally higher amounts
north of Cottonwood Pass.
* Wind... northwest 20 to 30 mph gusting to 50 mph producing
blowing and drifting snow and whiteout conditions at times.
* Impact... travel will be difficult... if not impossible at
times... due to heavy blowing and drifting snow... poor
visibilities... and icy... snow covered roads.
Avoid travel in the warning area. If you are planning to travel
in the warning area during the time of the warning... listen to
the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another
time or by another Route. If you must travel in the warning area
during the time of the warning... take along a winter survival
kit. If you become stranded in a rural area... stay with your
vehicle until help arrives. To keep warm in your vehicle... run
your engine 10 minutes each hour... and make sure the exhaust pipe
is clear of snow to avoid Carbon monoxide poisoning.