... Blowing dust advisory remains in effect until 7 PM MDT this
* location... Crowley... Otero... Kiowa... bent... Prowers... Baca...
and eastern Las Animas counties.
* Cause and timing... strong north winds will spread across the
region behind a cold front through this afternoon.
* Wind... north winds will increase at 25 to 35 mph with gusts up
to 55 mph.
* Visibilities... will drop to less than 1 mile at times due to
blowing dust... particularly down wind of plowed fields or in
areas where vegetation growth has been limited by long term
drought and soils remain loose.
* Impact... travelers should be prepared for rapidly changing
visibilities and strong cross winds along east west oriented
roads. Safe travel speeds may vary dramatically as blowing
dust restricts visibilities... which could result in traffic
slow Downs or accidents if proper caution is not exercised.
A blowing dust advisory means that blowing dust will restrict
visibilities. Travelers are urged to use caution.