Mostly cloudy. Frequent rain showers...possibly mixed with snow showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then a chance of snow showers...possibly mixed with rain showers and after midnight. No snow accumulation. Lows 15 to 25. North winds 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
Sunny. Highs 45 to 55. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest in the afternoon.
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to midnight MDT tonight above 9000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a Winter Weather Advisory above 9000 feet for snow... which is in effect from 9 am this morning to midnight MDT tonight.
* Timing... above 9000 feet... snow will increase this morning with frequent snow showers this afternoon. Snow will continue into the early evening hours before tapering off late this evening.
* Snow accumulation... 2 to 5 inches with the highest amounts above 10000 feet. Little accumulation is expected below 9000 feet... although wet snow is likely.
* Snow level... around 9000 to 10000 feet this morning... dropping to around 9000 feet this afternoon.
* Winds... west 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Impacts... mountain passes will become slick and treacherous. Travelers should be prepared for this early season snow with proper winter weather tires... and by carrying a winter weather emergency kit.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:57 am MDT on October 1, 2014
The following are preliminary 24 hour precipitation reports from western Colorado and eastern Utah, ending around 8 am Wednesday. The first value is rainfall or water amounts in snow, and the second value is snowfall, when appropriate. Amounts are in inches.
Western Colorado and eastern Utah 24 hour stations:
Craig, 0.16. Meeker, 0.22.
Official climate stations of western colorado:
4 miles southwest of Craig, 0.28. 1 mile east of Rangely, 0.22.
Official climate stations of eastern utah:
Arches National Park Headquarters, 0.13. Jarvie ranch, 0.19.
Gothic, 0.19, 2.5. 1 mile southeast of Steamboat Springs, 0.29. 2 miles north of Wolcott, 0.13.
Climate reference network sites of western colorado:
11 miles northeast of Montrose, 0.13.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.