Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 am this morning to 3 am EST Monday...
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s in the downtown areas...lower 20s in the suburbs. Southeast winds around 5 mph.
Snow likely in the morning...then freezing rain...rain and sleet in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation around an inch. Ice accumulation around a tenth of an inch. Highs in the lower 30s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
Cloudy. Rain and freezing rain likely in the evening. Ice accumulation around a trace. Lows in the lower 30s. South winds around 5 mph...becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
Partly sunny in the morning...then clearing. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 7 am Sunday to 3 am EST Monday...
* locations... Washington metropolitan area and southern Maryland.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet... and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... a coating to 1 inch of snow and sleet across Washington DC and southern Maryland. 1 to 3 inches in the northern and western suburbs of Washington DC. Ice accumulation around one tenth of an inch.
* Timing... snow will begin between 7 am and 10 am Sunday morning. Snow will change to sleet and freezing rain between noon and 3 PM Sunday afternoon. Precipitation will end as freezing rain Sunday night.
* Impacts... roads will be snow and ice covered Sunday and Sunday night. Travelling will be difficult with reduced visibilities from snow and slick roadways.
* Winds... south around 5 to 10 mph.
* Temperatures... rising through the 20s morning. Temperatures will rise into the lower and middle 30s Sunday afternoon before dropping back into the lower 30s late Sunday night.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.