Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Nowcast as of 11:46 am EST on November 26, 2014
Rain has begun to change over to snow, and light to moderate snow will continue into the afternoon hours. Light rain or sleet may continue to mix in at times, but the precipitation is now expected to remain all snow for most areas. Temperatures will remain in the lower to mid 30s. Northeast winds around 5 to 10 mph with gusts around 15 mph will continue as well. A few isolated lightning strikes and rumbles of thunder may also occur. Drivers are urged to use caution and be alert for changing weather conditions and roadway conditions.
Forecast for New Castle
Updated: 11:38 am EST on November 26, 2014
Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 10 PM EST this evening...
Rain. Snow with a chance of sleet. Precipitation may be heavy at times. Snow and sleet accumulation around an inch. Breezy with highs in the mid 40s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 10 PM EST this evening...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for wet snow... which is in effect until 10 PM EST this evening.
* Locations... extreme northeastern Maryland and northern Delaware.
* Snow accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches, mainly in the northern portions of the counties.
* Hazard types... wet snow.
* Timing... a mix of rain and snow late this morning will change over to wet snow from north to south through the early afternoon. The snow may mix with sleet, especially in the southern portions of the counties.
* Temperatures... in the mid 30s.
* Winds... north 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Impacts... once the precipitation changes to wet snow, slick conditions on untreated roads are possible. This could lead to travel delays. Anyone with Holiday travel plans is urged to check Road conditions before leaving. More difficult traveling conditions will be occurring farther to the north and west. Wet snow could also obscure Road signs.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:31 am EST on November 26, 2014
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 7 hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available on our home Page at weather.Gov/phi
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments snowfall of /inches/ measurement
... Morris County... Green Pond 2.0 1053 am 11/26 trained spotter Succasunna 1.8 1107 am 11/26 social media Randolph TWP 1.5 1100 am 11/26 cocorahs Rockaway 1.0 1100 am 11/26 trained spotter
... Sussex County... Wantage 4.1 1129 am 11/26 trained spotter Sparta 2.0 1113 am 11/26 trained spotter
... Lehigh County... Catasauqua 1.3 1100 am 11/26 social media
... Monroe County... Mount Pocono 4.3 1000 am 11/26 dept of highways Saylorsburg 3.5 1100 am 11/26 trained spotter Tobyhanna 3.2 1055 am 11/26 dept of highways Long Pond 2.6 1000 am 11/26 dept of highways Stroudsburg 2.0 1045 am 11/26 dept of highways Gilbert 1.0 1000 am 11/26 dept of highways
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.