Wind Advisory in effect until 2 am EDT Saturday...
Flood Watch in effect through Saturday evening...
Showers. Patchy fog early. Patchy fog after midnight. Windy. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the evening. Near steady temperature in the mid 50s. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
Patchy fog in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
... Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of central Georgia... east central Georgia... north central Georgia... northeast Georgia... southeast Georgia and west central Georgia.
* Through Saturday evening
* additional rainfall amounts of 2.0 to 3.0 inches can be expected tonight through Saturday. These amounts over saturated grounds where around 0.5 to 1.0 inches of rainfall have already occurred will continue to cause above normal stream flows and enhance the risk of flooding tonight and on Saturday.
Remember... a Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 12:11 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 2 am EDT Saturday...
* locations... portions of central Georgia.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon and tonight
* impacts... very strong and gusty winds will cause moderate to large sized branches to fall... as well as any trees that have been weakened by the recent weather. High profile vehicles are also affected by these winds.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least 20 mph... or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.