The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County
* until 145 am HST
* at 1048 PM HST... radar showed heavy rain near Hilo. The area of
heavy rain was nearly stationary.
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited to
Waipio Valley... Pepeekeo... Papaikou... Paauilo... Pahoa...
Laupahoehoe... Honomu... Honokaa... Hawi and Hakalau.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 145 am HST if heavy rain
Lat... Lon 1975 15538 2029 15590 2024 15551 1981 15493
1942 15475 1922 15518
322 PM HST Fri Oct 31 2014
... High surf advisory now in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
The high surf advisory is now in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... 6 to 8 feet along east facing shores of Kauai Oahu
Molokai Maui and Big Island.
* Timing... through 6 PM Saturday.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Boaters should
expect recreational surfers and body boarders utilizing Harbor
channels to access surfing areas.