... Red flag warning remains in effect until 6 PM CDT this evening
for extreme fire conditions... .
* short term trends... strong winds late this afternoon will
diminish gradually this evening. Relative humidity remain
steady until sunset then increase after dark.
* Wind... south southwest at around 30 mph with gusts to near 45
mph late this afternoon... then decreasing to around 20 mph and
gusty by 8 PM.
* Relative humidity... around 30 percent late this afternoon.
* Fuel... fuels are dry and will burn easily.
* Impacts... any fires that start may spread rapidly due to the
very strong winds.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.