Tomorrow is forecast to be Much Cooler than today.
Forecast for Scott
Updated: 9:08 PM EST on March 3, 2015
Winter Storm Warning in effect from 1 PM Wednesday to 1 PM EST Thursday...
Periods of rain showers. Patchy fog. Lows in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of showers near 100 percent.
Snow...rain and light sleet. Snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 4 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. Temperatures falling into the 20s in the afternoon. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 1 PM EST /noon CST/ Wednesday to 1 PM EST /noon CST/ Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Louisville has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 1 PM EST /noon CST/ Wednesday to 1 PM EST /noon CST/ Thursday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing: rain changes to snow Wednesday afternoon... becoming heavy at times Wednesday evening and night. Snow ends Thursday morning.
* Accumulations: 8 to 12 inches of snow across central and north central Kentucky. 5 to 10 inches across southern Indiana and also southern Kentucky. Localized higher amounts possible.
* Main impact: major travel disruptions Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning. Plan on snow covered roads and dangerous travel conditions. Snow rates may be intense... resulting in rapid accumulations.
* Other impacts: north winds gusting up to 20 mph Wednesday night. This combined with the weight of the snow could result in scattered power outages and downed trees.
Travel will be hazardous... travel only if necessary. Scattered power outages may occur.
Travel will be treacherous with some roads nearly impassable. Have an emergency kit of blankets... food... water and flashlights if you must travel. Power outages are likely.
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 10:37 PM EST on March 03, 2015
The National Weather Service in Louisville has issued a
* Flood Warning for... northern Trimble County in north central Kentucky... northern Clark County in south central Indiana... northern Crawford County in south central Indiana... DuBois County in south central Indiana... northwestern Harrison County in south central Indiana... Jefferson County in south central Indiana... Orange County in south central Indiana... Scott County in south central Indiana... Washington County in south central Indiana...
* until 1030 am EST Wednesday
* at 1032 PM EST... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated heavy rainfall between 1 to 1.5 inches has fallen from repeated showers over the warned area. This rain combined with runoff from recent snow melt is causing areal flooding. Local law enforcement has reported water beginning to cover a few roadways across the warned counties.
Additional rainfall amounts of around 1 inch are possible in the warned area overnight and more roadways are expected to flood... especially near areas of poor drainage.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross safely. Move to higher ground.
... Weekly NOAA Weather Radio tone tests cancelled this week...
With a winter storm and potential flooding forecast for tonight through Thursday... NOAA Weather Radio tone tests regularly conducted between 6 and 7 PM EST on Tuesday and between 11 am and noon on Wednesday have been cancelled this week.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.