Tomorrow is forecast to be Much Cooler than today.
Forecast for Porter
Updated: 4:07 PM CDT on March 11, 2014
Winter Storm Warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to 1 PM CDT Wednesday...
Very windy. Chance of rain early in the evening...then rain or snow late in the evening. Snow after midnight. Areas of blowing snow after midnight. Snow may be heavy at times after midnight. Snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches. Lows in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph in the evening becoming north and increasing to 25 to 35 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 45 mph. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.
Very windy. Cloudy. Areas of blowing snow in the morning...then patchy blowing snow in the afternoon. Snow early in the morning...then a chance of light snow late in the morning. Chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Total snow accumulation 4 to 8 inches. Highs in the mid 20s. Then temperatures falling into the mid teens by evening. North winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 10 PM this evening to 1 PM CDT Wednesday...
* timing... rain is expected to change to snow by mid to late this evening from north to south. The snow should end from west to east Wednesday morning.
* Snow rates... 1 to 2 inches per hour at times late this evening and overnight.
* Total snow accumulations... 4 to 8 inches with locally higher amounts by Wednesday mid morning.
* Main impacts... periods of heavy snow... combined with northerly winds of 20 to 30 mph and gusts to 40 mph tonight through Wednesday morning will lead to considerable blowing and drifting snow... with near blizzard conditions at times. Travel will likely become treacherous due to snow covered roads and significantly reduced visibility late tonight through Wednesday morning.
* Other impacts... travel in and out of ohare and midway airports will likely be adversely impacted Wednesday morning.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.