... Freeze watch remains in effect from Saturday evening through
A freeze watch remains in effect from Saturday evening through
* Temperatures... widespread sub-freezing temperatures are
expected on Saturday night... with lows bottoming out in the
mid to upper 20s.
* Timing... temperatures will fall below freezing after midnight
on Saturday night and remain below freezing until mid morning
* Impacts... most crops and other sensitive vegetation will
likely get killed across all of eastern Kentucky late Saturday
night into Sunday morning... effectively ending the growing
A freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
423 PM EDT Fri Oct 31 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this
evening to 2 PM EDT Saturday...
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this
evening to 2 PM EDT Saturday.
* Timing... rain will change to snow by around midnight tonight at
elevations of 1000 feet and above. The snow level will descend to
the valley floor between midnight tonight and dawn Saturday
morning. The snow is expected to change back to rain in the valleys
on Saturday morning... but remain as mostly snow at elevations of
1000 feet and above through early on Saturday afternoon.
* Accumulations... up to an inch in the valleys... and one to two
inches at elevations of 1000 feet and above.
* Impacts... roadways... especially those along ridge-tops and crossing
the higher passes above 1000 feet... may become snow
covered... slushy or slick... resulting in hazardous travel.
Visibilities may be reduced at times to one half of a mile or less
during periods of heavier snow and on the ridge-tops.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while