... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 2 PM Wednesday to 6 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 2 PM Wednesday to 6
PM EDT Thursday. This upgrades the previous Winter Storm Watch.
* Locations... east central Maine.
* Hazard types... heavy snow... blowing snow and drifting snow.
* Accumulations... total snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches...
including some sleet.
* Ice accumulations... around a trace.
* Timing... Wednesday afternoon through Thursday.
* Impacts... very high impact. Heavy snow and strong winds will
create very hazardous traveling conditions. Occasional blowing
and drifting snow will cause near whiteout conditions at times.
* Winds... northeast to north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... in the 20s... falling into the teens late
Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
If traveling... slow down and plan extra time to reach your
destination. Be sure your vehicle has a full tank of gas. If you
get stranded, stay with your vehicle. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather
Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the
latest updates. Additional details can also be found at