... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 2 PM this
afternoon to 6 PM EDT Thursday...
* locations... coastal Maine.
* Hazard types... heavy snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Snow and sleet accumulations of 5 to 9 inches... with highest
totals inland from the immediate coast.
* Ice accumulations... around one quarter of an inch.
* Timing... this afternoon through Thursday.
* Impacts... high impact. Heavy snow... sleet and freezing rain will
result in very hazardous driving conditions. Strong wind may
result in broken branches of snow and ice laden trees... resulting
in scattered power outages.
* Winds... north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s to lower 30s.
* Visibilities... one half mile or less at times.
If traveling... slow down and plan extra time to reach your
destination. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite
source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional
details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/car.