Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Forecast for Interior Cumberland
Updated: 3:04 am EDT on March 12, 2014
Winter Storm Warning in effect from 11 am this morning to noon EDT Thursday...
Snow likely this morning...then snow and rain this afternoon. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds...becoming northeast 15 to 20 mph this afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Sleet and snow. Freezing rain and rain in the evening... then freezing rain and snow after midnight. Additional snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 6 inches. Ice accumulation of up to one quarter of an inch. Lows around 14. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 1 below after midnight.
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches. Colder with highs around 18. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 5 below in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy with a chance of snow in the evening...then mostly clear after midnight. Lows 3 below to 3 above zero. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph... becoming west around 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 30 percent. Wind chill values as low as 16 below after midnight.
Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 30s. West winds around 10 mph...becoming southwest in the afternoon. Wind chill values as low as 18 below in the morning.
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to noon EDT Thursday...
* hazard types... heavy mixed precipitation.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 8 inches... along with around one quarter of an inch of ice possible.
* Timing... light snow or a rain... snow... sleet mix will begin this morning... then become heavy at times this afternoon. The mixture is expected to transition to a mix of snow... sleet... and freezing rain this evening... then change to all snow later tonight. The snow will end around midday Thursday.
* Impacts... the potential for heavy mixed precipitation will make for hazardous travel conditions through Thursday morning. The combination of wind... wet snow... and freezing rain may allow for power outages. Rapidly falling temperatures tonight may allow for a flash freeze of any standing water.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Visibilities... half mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... in the lower to mid 30s today... rapidly falling into the teens late tonight.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.