Today is forecast to be Much Warmer than yesterday.
Forecast for Interior Waldo
Updated: 12:34 am EST on January 28, 2015
Winter Storm Warning in effect until 4 am EST early this morning...
Rest of Tonight
Snow. Areas of blowing snow. Total snow accumulation of 18 to 24 inches. Near steady temperature around 10 above. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent. Wind chill values as low as 12 below.
Areas of blowing snow in the morning. Cloudy with a chance of snow in the morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs around 19. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent. Wind chill values as low as 9 below in the morning.
Mostly cloudy. Snow likely...mainly after midnight. Light snow accumulation possible. Not as cold with lows around 18. Light and variable winds...becoming south around 10 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent.
Snow. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of snow 80 percent.
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 am EST early this morning...
* hazard types... heavy snow and strong winds with blowing snow.
* Accumulations... total snow accumulation of 18 to 24 inches.
* Timing... occasional intense bands of snowfall will continue to rotate onshore through tonight. Snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour are possible in these bands. Light snow may linger into Wednesday.
* Visibility... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Impacts... snow and blowing snow will reduce visibility and make it difficult to see while driving. Heavy drifting will make some roads impassable.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... 9 to 14 above.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Local Storm Report
01/27/2015 0952 am
Montville, Waldo County.
Non-thunderstorm wind damage, reported by dept of highways.
Rt3 at bog Rd is blocked because of fallen trees and downed powerlines
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 12:50 am EST on January 28, 2015
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 4 hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available on our home Page at weather.Gov/gray
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments snowfall of /inches/ measurement