Tomorrow is forecast to be Much Cooler than today.
Forecast for Coastal York
Updated: 11:04 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 am Wednesday to noon EDT Thursday...
Partly cloudy. A slight chance of snow. Lows in the upper 20s. Light and variable winds. Chance of snow 20 percent.
A chance of snow and rain in the morning...then rain... snow with a chance of sleet in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation around an inch. Highs in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds...becoming east 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Rain...freezing rain with a chance of sleet in the evening...then snow...sleet and freezing rain after midnight. Areas of blowing snow after midnight. Additional snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Ice accumulation of up to a tenth of an inch. Lows around 18. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Cloudy...snow...mainly in the morning. Areas of blowing snow. Additional light snow accumulation. Colder with highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent. Wind chill values as low as zero.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 11 am Wednesday to noon EDT Thursday...
* hazard types... mixed precipitation
* accumulations... snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches... along with around a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow will begin during the late morning on Wednesday... then transition to a mix of sleet... freezing rain... and rain by Wednesday afternoon. All rain is possible for a time... especially near the immediate coast. The mixture will transition back to all snow late at night into Thursday. Any precipitation could be heavy at times Wednesday evening.
* Impacts... the potential for heavy snow or heavy mixed precipitation will make for hazardous driving conditions. The snow that falls would likely be wet and heavy... and along with sleet and any freezing rain could make for power outage issues.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s.
* Visibilities... one half mile or less at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.