... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing rain remains
in effect until 6 am CST Thursday.
* Short term trends... temperatures have fallen below freezing
across all but south central Missouri this morning... and should
be below freezing there by 9 am. Rain will gradually change over
to freezing rain... then sleet and snow by mid morning with all
snow during the afternoon.
* Timing and areas affected... portions of southeastern Kansas and
southwestern and central Missouri... including the greater
Interstate 44 corridor... from this morning through Thursday morning.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... a trace up to half inch of
sleet... along with two to five inches of snow. The lowest snow
and sleet amounts will be across the northern edge of the
* Ice accumulations... a trace to five hundredths of an inch of
freezing rain will be possible.
* Winds and visibility... moderate snow will likely result in
visibility at or below one mile at times on Wednesday.
* Impacts... a combination of sleet... snow... and freezing rain
will likely result in considerable travel impacts across the
area starting late tonight... and continuing through the day on
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet...
or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while