The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Natchez
* until further notice.
* At 8:00 PM Saturday the stage was 50.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 48.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 50.5 feet by
* Impact... at 51.0 feet... water is covering the roads in old downtown
area of Fort Adams... particularlymain Street. Road to Jackson
Point is flooded.
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... Carthage Point Road becomes impassable.
* Impact... at 47.0 feet... water begins to enter the former Belwood
Golf course and Carthage Point Road area south of Natchez.
* Impact... at 45.0 feet... water under some buildings around Fort
* Impact... at 44.0 feet... some camps and most access roads flooded
along Lake Mary.
* Impact... at 43.0 feet... water is over Thornburg Lake Road in the
area known as anna's bottom north of Natchez. Also, Lake Mary Road
is under water.
* Impact... at 38.0 feet... lowlands along the river in areas not
protected by levees begin to flood. Some of these areas contain oil
and gas Wells on both sides of the river, but are not affected
until higher stages.
Flood observed forecast 6am crest
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Natchez 48 50.3 Sat 08 PM 50.4 50.5 50.5 50.5 07 PM 05/19