... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 am MST
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow remains in
effect until 5 am MST Tuesday.
* Timing and main impact: occasional light to moderate snow will
continue across north central and central Montana through this
evening... diminishing overnight. Gusty north winds with
blowing and drifting snow will also continue through this
evening... diminishing overnight. This will make for hazardous
* Additional snow accumulations: 1 to 2 inches over the plains
and in the valleys overnight... with another 3 to 5 inches in
* Winds and visibility: gusty north winds at 20 to 25 mph with
gusts to 40 mph will reduce visibility to less than one mile
at times in blowing and drifting snow... mainly through this
* Temperature and wind chill: temperatures falling into the
single digits below zero overnight... with continued windy
conditions... will create wind chill values of 15 below zero
to 25 below zero tonight through Tuesday morning.
* Other impacts: wet roads will become icy this evening...
causing further driving hazards across the area.
* Locations affected include: Fairfield... Choteau... Stanford...
Lewistown... Lewistown Divide... Browning... Marias Pass...
Shelby... Big Sandy... Fort Benton... Conrad... Cut Bank...
Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass... Flesher Pass... Helena...
Lincoln... MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
* To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the c
a N l link on the left.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.