... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for elevations at and above pass level...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for the foothills...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect until
3 am MDT Tuesday for elevations at and above pass level. A Winter
Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 3 am MDT
Tuesday for the foothills.
* Timing and main impact: snow... heavy at times... will continue
through tonight. The wet heavy snow will make travel and
outdoor activities difficult.
* Snow accumulations: 1 to 2 feet of snow can be expected at pass
level and above. 4 to 8 inches of snow will affect the foothills
area. Only light snow amounts are expected over the plains or
at valley floors.
* Visibility: visibility will be reduced to less than one half
mile at times in heavier snowfall.
* Other impacts: wet and cold weather will result in dangerous
conditions for Newborn livestock.
* Locations in the Winter Storm Warning include: Boulder
Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake pass... Kings Hill
Pass... Flesher Pass... MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass... Battle
Ridge Pass... Bozeman Pass... Targhee Pass... Big Hole Pass... Chief
Joseph Pass... Monida Pass... Raynolds Pass.
* Locations in the Winter Weather Advisory include: White Sulphur
Springs... Stanford... Boulder... Lincoln... Bozeman and West
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
* To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the
canl link on the left side of the Page.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.