... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from midnight tonight to
midnight MST Saturday night...
The Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow is now in
effect from midnight tonight to midnight MST Saturday night.
* Timing and main impact: a strong cold front will move into
southwest Montana overnight Friday. Snow will develop and become
moderate before tapering off Saturday evening. Travel and
outdoor activities will be hazardous in areas of blowing snow.
* Snow accumulations: 2 to 4 inches of snow are expected at
lower elevations with 4 to 8 inches in the mountains.
* Winds and visibility: north winds gusting to 25 to 30 mph are
likely with frontal passage. Blowing snow will limit
visibility to less than one half mile at times.
* Locations affected include: White Sulphur Springs... Battle
Ridge Pass... Bozeman... Bozeman Pass... Boulder... Boulder
Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake pass... Whitehall...
Townsend... Flesher Pass... Helena... Lincoln... MacDonald
Pass... Rogers Pass
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.