... High wind watch in effect from this evening through Sunday
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a high
wind watch... which is in effect from this evening through Sunday
* Timing and main impact: gusty southwest winds will increase this
evening and could become strong near and after midnight. Winds
are expected to diminish Sunday evening. Strong winds could make
travel difficult for high-profile vehicles.
* Winds: southwest winds 40 to 50 mph with gusts as high as 75 mph
* Other impacts: poor visibilities in snow and blowing snow are
expected in the mountains.
* Locations affected include: Choteau... Browning... Marias Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest