... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon MDT
Friday for elevations above 5500 feet...
A Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 5500 feet for snow remains
in effect until noon MDT Friday.
* Timing and main impact: snow will continue through early this
morning at elevations above 5500 feet then diminish to light
rain and snow showers after noon today. Rain and snow will
redevelop this evening and continue through Friday morning
before ending with snow levels continuing around 5500 feet. Temperatures
at or slightly above freezing will limit accumulations on
roadways over mountain passes... however heavy accumulations are
possible at elevations above 7000 feet.
* Snow accumulations: total snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches is
expected over maris pass... while above 7000 feet isolated
amounts of 10 to 15 inches are possible.
* Visibility: visibilities could be reduced to less than one
half mile at times.
* Elevations: for elevations above 5500 feet.
* Other impacts: travelers over Marias Pass should expect reduced
visibilities and possibly some minor slush buildup on the
roadway this morning and again tonight through Friday morning.
Those venturing to elevations above 5500 feet in Glacier National
Park and in the bob Marshall wilderness areas should be prepared
for winter conditions.
* Locations affected include: Marias Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while