... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon MDT
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until noon
* Timing and main impact: snow will begin after midnight then
end by late Thursday morning. Most of the snow accumulation
will be between 3 am MDT and 9 am MDT. Poor visibility will
* Snow accumulations: accumulations of 2 to 4 inches are likely.
* Winds and visibility: gusty northwest winds 20 to 30 mph will
develop after midnight then diminish late Thursday morning.
Visibilities will frequently be near or below one mile.
* Other impacts: roads above 5000 feet will become slippery due
to slush and snow. In particular this includes the Hudson
Bay Divide. There will be a risk of hypothermia in the back
country with wind chills falling into the single digits.
* Locations affected include: Browning... Marias Pass... Logan
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.