... High Wind Warning in effect from 9 PM this evening to
9 am MDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a High
Wind Warning... which is in effect from 9 PM this evening to
9 am MDT Friday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing: periods of strong winds are expected over the Rocky
Mountain front beginning this evening and then continuing
through mid morning Friday.
* Winds: sustained west winds of 35 to 45 mph... with gusts near
65 mph are expected.
* Impacts: the strong winds could create difficult driving
conditions for high profile vehicles.
* Locations affected include: Choteau... Browning and Marias Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.