... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Tuesday for low
humidity... gusty winds and isolated lightning for fire weather
zones 113... 115... 117 and 118...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds... low humidity and isolated lightning... which is
in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Tuesday.
* Affected area... fire weather zones 113... 115... 117 and 118.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Cold front... a cold front will move east across the region late
Tuesday afternoon and evening... shifting winds from the west
southwest to the west northwest. Isolated thunderstorms are
possible along the cold front.
* Relative humidity... 15 to 25 percent Tuesday afternoon.
* Temperatures... near record warm temperatures in the 60s to
around 70 at lower elevations.
* Isolated thunderstorms... mainly south and east of a line from
Great Falls to Havre... late Tuesday afternoon could produce
isolated stronger wind gusts and potential fire starts.
* Impacts... the combination of unseasonably warm and dry
conditions along with gusty and shifting winds and isolated
lightning will create critical fire weather conditions Tuesday
afternoon and evening, particularly in grassland areas.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.