Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Nowcast as of 7:20 am MST on November 23, 2014
Rain and higher elevation snow showers will continue to develop this morning over the western and northern New Mexico. Rain and snow will be mainly light. Some High Mountain locations could pick up an inch or two of snow through 10 am MST. Gusty northwest winds will create some blowing and drifting snow.
Forecast for West Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains
Updated: 9:15 am MST on November 23, 2014
Wind Advisory in effect until 6 PM MST this evening...
Rest of Today
Windy. Numerous snow showers. Areas of blowing snow. New snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches. Highs in the upper 20s to lower 40s. West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 50 mph.
Partly cloudy. Windy. Chance of snow showers in the evening. Areas of blowing snow in the evening. Total snow accumulation around 1 inch...except as much as 1 to 3 inches above 7500 feet. Lows 5 to 20. Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph decreasing to 20 to 30 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 50 mph.
Windy. Partly cloudy with a slight chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s to upper 30s. West winds 20 to 30 mph becoming northwest 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 40 mph.
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MST this evening...
* location... the western mountains and adjacent Highlands... the northeast Highlands... south Central Highlands... Estancia valley and Guadalupe County... as well as the west slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* Winds... northwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... strong winds will continue over the highest elevations early this morning. Winds will expand to lower elevations by noon. Winds will peak mid day before diminishing early this evening.
* Visibility... no visibility restrictions are expected.
* Local impacts... strong Crosswinds on north to south and northeast to southwest oriented roads are expected. Difficult driving conditions are expected for high profile vehicles.
Motorists should exercise caution while traveling. Sudden gusts of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra attention should be given to cross winds.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.