... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 4 PM MST Monday...
The Winter Weather Advisory for snow is now in effect until 4 PM
* Snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches... with locally higher amounts
up to 5 inches in the Sandia/Manzano and Gallinas Mountains.
* Timing... snow will spread east late this evening and expand into
central and east central New Mexico overnight before tapering
off from west to east during the afternoon.
* Winds... north to northwest 10 to 20 mph.
* Snow levels... temperatures will be cold enough for snow at all
* Local impacts... hazardous winter driving conditions can be
expected... along with reduced visibilities in snow. With the
cold temperatures over the past several days... even light snow
will accumulate quickly on roads making for slick driving
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will primarily cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities.