... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Friday morning through
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Friday morning through
* Snow accumulations... significant snow accumulations of 4 inches
or more are possible. The heaviest amounts will be closer to the
Central Mountain chain... with lesser amounts near the Texas
* Timing... snow will start Friday morning and continue through
much of the day on Saturday before gradually tapering off
* Winds... no significant winds are expected with this storm
* Snow levels... snow levels will fluctuate between the surface and
just above the surface depending on the time of day. Therefore...
rain may mix with snow... especially along the Texas border.
* Local impacts... heavy wet snow may accumulate on
roadways... especially if snow rates are high. Winter driving
conditions are possible.
Remember... a Winter Storm Watch means conditions are favorable
for a hazardous winter weather event in and close to the watch
area. Monitor the latest forecasts at weather.Gov/abq... listen to
NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite media outlet.