... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 2 am to 2 PM
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 2 am to 2 PM PDT
Saturday for snow above 6000 feet.
* Snow accumulations: 1 to 3 inches above 6000 feet... 3 to 6
inches in the mountains.
* Timing: snow will begin accumulating on roads early Saturday
morning with melting occurring on roads after sunrise.
* Winds: west to southwest 15 to 25 mph... with gusts to 35 mph.
* Impacts: roads above 6000 feet will experience slippery and snow
covered conditions... especially near passes including US Highway
50. After 10 am most of the roads will mainly be wet with minor
snow accumulations and some slippery spots on passes above 6500
feet. Visibility will drop to a half mile or less in heavier
snow showers and in blowing snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that travel difficulties are
expected due to wintry conditions. Be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving. For the
latest Road conditions call 511 or visit www.Nvroads.Com.