Areas of blowing dust in the evening. Partly cloudy with isolated showers in the evening...then clear after midnight. Lows 48 to 58. West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph becoming northwest around 10 mph after midnight.
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a lake Wind Advisory... which is in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Friday.
* Winds: west 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Wave heights on pyramid lake: 2 to 4 feet.
* Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions improve.
Check our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather Radio for updates on this situation.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:12 PM PDT on August 21, 2014
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT Friday for gusty winds and low humidity for the western Nevada Sierra front and the west central Nevada basin and range...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a red flag warning for gusty winds and low humidity... which is in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT Friday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire zone 450 western Nevada Sierra front and fire zone 453 west central Nevada basin and range. For zone 453 the most critical conditions will be south of a Pyramid Lake- Lovelock line.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Humidity... 8 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity will create critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means weather conditions can cause fires to grow rapidly in size and intensity before first responders can contain them. Avoid doing outdoor activities that can create a spark near dry vegetation... such as yard work... target shooting... or campfires. Continue to check weather.Gov/Reno for updates and preparedness tips.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.