Partly cloudy. Lows 25 to 30. Winds generally light.
Partly sunny. Rain showers likely and a slight chance of snow showers in the morning...then rain showers and snow showers likely in the afternoon. Breezy. Snow level 3000 feet. Highs 42 to 45 on the west side of the valley...45 to 48 on the east side. South wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the southwest 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 mph.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 10 am to 10 PM PST Saturday above 3000 feet...
A Winter Weather Advisory above 3000 feet remains in effect from 10 am to 10 PM PST Saturday for the Las Vegas Valley... northeast and southern Clark County.
* Timing: precipitation is expected to develop in the late morning to early afternoon hours... be most likely in the mid to late afternoon hours... then taper off in the evening hours.
* Snow level: snow levels should begin at 3000 to 3500 feet then lower to around 2500 feet toward the end of the event. Precipitation may begin as all rain or a rain and snow mix before changing over to all snow.
* Total snow accumulations: a coating to up to 2 inches with the greatest accumulations on unpaved surfaces. In the Las Vegas Valley the greatest chances for accumulation will be in Summerlin especially in neighborhoods west of the 215 beltway.
* Winds: south wind 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph in the afternoon... becoming west in the evening.
* Impacts: snow and slick covered roads and reduced visibility. Roads impacted will include Highway 95 as well the western portion of the 215 beltway as well as the west ends of Summerlin Parkway... Charleston Boulevard and Sahara Avenue.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Hard Freeze Warning
Statement as of 3:58 AM MST on December 06, 2013
... Hard freeze warning remains in effect until 9 am PST /10 am MST/ this morning...
A hard freeze warning remains in effect until 9 am PST /10 am MST/ this morning for portions of southeast California... central and southern Nevada and northwest Arizona.
* Locations and low temperatures... Las Vegas Valley... low to mid 20s. Pahrump area... upper teens to low 20s. Colorado River valley... upper 20s to low 30s. Mesquite area... low to mid 20s. Southern Clark County... mid to upper 20s. Kingman area... mid teens. Meadview area... mid 20s. Baker area... upper 20s. Yucca and morongo valleys... mid to upper 20s. Death Valley area... upper 20s to low 30s.
* Freeze impacts: many locations will see below freezing conditions between 10 to 16 hours by 9 am this morning. Sensitive plants and exposed irrigation piping which may be damaged. Pets may suffer if left outdoors. Pool pumps should be run until temperatures warm above freezing to limit the potential for damage.
A hard freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation... and may damage exposed plumbing.
Statement as of 5:03 PM PST on December 5, 2013
... Record low temperature tied at Kingman AZ today...
The low temperature this morning at the Kingman AZ Airport was 18 degrees. This reading ties the previous record low temperature set in 1948.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final review before being certified by the National climatic data center.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.