... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Tuesday night
through Thursday morning...
* locations... all of central New York.
* Hazards... heavy snow may make travel extremely hazardous.
Blowing and drifting snow will develop Wednesday night into
Thursday with wind chills dropping to near 10 below zero.
* Accumulations... 7 inches or more possible.
* Timing... snow will develop early on Wednesday. The snow may mix
with or change to sleet across south central New York... then
all snow is expected Wednesday night.
* Temperatures... temperatures around freezing during the day on
Wednesday, dropping into the single digits and lower teens by
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Impacts... hazardous travel due to blowing and drifting snow.
A Winter Storm Watch is in effect because heavy snow is a
possibility... but not a certainty. At this time... there is the
potential for snow accumulations of 7 inches or more. Travel
conditions could become hazardous... so it is important to monitor
the latest forecasts and statements if you are planning to travel
in the watch area.