... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 4 PM Sunday to
4 PM EST Monday...
* locations... the upper Susquehanna and Finger Lakes regions of
New York... the western Catskills... and the twin tiers of
southern New York and northern Pennsylvania.
* Hazards... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... storm totals of 8 to 12 inches... with locally
higher amounts possible.
* Timing... steady light snow will overspread the region during
the late afternoon and early evening hours on Sunday...
generally between 4 and 8 PM. The heaviest snow will fall from
late Sunday night through midday Monday... when snowfall rates
of 1 to 2 inches per hour are possible. Snow will gradually
taper off by mid to late afternoon on Monday.
* Temperatures... mostly ranging from 15 to 25 degrees... then
falling to 5 to 15 above by late Monday afternoon.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph.
* Impacts... slippery travel conditions from snow covered roads
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. This will make travel
very hazardous or impossible.
Please report snowfall and/or ice amounts to the National Weather
Service by calling toll free at 1-888-603-1402... or by email at