... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 am EST
* locations... Litchfield Hills... Berkshires... southern Vermont...
eastern Catskills... Mid Hudson valley... and central and southern
* Hazard types... heavy snow and some drifting snow.
* Snow accumulations... 8 to 16 inches. Greatest totals expected
across the higher elevations... with lower amounts across
southern Litchfield County where sleet may mix in later today.
* Maximum snowfall rates... 1 to 3 inches per hour expected from
late morning into early evening.
* Timing... snow will spread from south to north across the area
beginning around or shortly after sunrise. Snow may be mixed
with rain at the onset. The snow will be heaviest during the
afternoon into the evening with the snow tapering off late
* Impacts... this storm will significantly impact Holiday travel...
making driving dangerous at times with snow covered roads and
poor visibilities. Isolated power outages will be possible
where the heaviest snow occurs.
* Visibilities... less than one half mile at times.
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to mid 30s.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.