Today is forecast to be Much Warmer than yesterday.
Forecast for Southern Nassau
Updated: 12:38 am EST on November 24, 2014
Wind Advisory in effect from 4 am to 11 am EST this morning...
Rain with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Windy with lows in the upper 40s. Southeast winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
Rain with a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Windy with highs in the mid 60s. South winds 20 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 50 mph... decreasing to 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the evening...then mostly clear after midnight. Breezy with lows in the upper 40s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Mostly sunny and breezy. Highs in the mid 50s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Partly cloudy in the evening...then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the evening. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Rain. Breezy. Near steady temperature in the upper 30s. Chance of rain 80 percent.
* locations... low lying shorelines of southern Brooklyn... Queens... and Nassau counties.
* Tidal departures... 1 to 1 1/2 ft above astronomical tides.
* Timing... during times of high tide between 8 and 9 am Monday morning.
* Impacts... localized minor flooding of the most vulnerable shore roads and adjacent properties due to height of storm tide or wave splashover. There is no significant threat to life and any impact on property is minimal.
Statement as of 3:55 AM EST on November 24, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 am EST this morning...
* locations... Brooklyn... Queens and Nassau counties.
* Hazards... strong winds.
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph with gusts 45 to 50 mph.
* Timing... Monday morning.
* Impacts... winds will be capable of bringing down limbs... vulnerable trees and power lines. Driving may be difficult for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph... or gusts of 46 to 57 mph... are expected or occurring. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.