Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM Tuesday to 2 am EST Wednesday...
Mostly clear. Lows around 19. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Partly sunny in the morning...then cloudy with snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around an inch. Cold with highs around 30. North winds around 5 mph...becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of snow 60 percent.
Snow...sleet and freezing rain in the evening... then rain after midnight. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Ice accumulation around a trace. Lows around 30. Southwest winds around 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs around 40. West winds 5 to 10 mph.
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM Tuesday to 2 am EST Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and freezing rain... which is in effect from 3 PM Tuesday to 2 am EST Wednesday.
* Locations... New York City... Nassau and western Suffolk County... as well as Union... Essex and Hudson counties...
* hazard types... snow and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches... along with a trace to a few hundredths of an inch of ice.
* Temperatures... starting in the mid to upper 20s Tuesday afternoon... then slowly rising into the lower 30s to mid 30s late Tuesday night.
* Timing... snow develops late Tuesday afternoon... then mixes with sleet and freezing rain Tuesday evening before changing to freezing rain by midnight... then to plain rain late at night.
* Impacts... snow covered surfaces... coated with ice... will make traveling difficult at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Statement as of 5:51 PM EST on March 02, 2015
... Record minimum monthly temperature set at Bridgeport NY...
A record average monthly temperature of 19.9 was set at Bridgeport CT for February 2015. This is not only the coldest February on record at Bridgeport... it is the coldest month ever recorded at Bridgeport. The previous coldest average monthly temperature for the month of February recorded at Bridgeport was 24.1 in 1978 and the previous coldest average monthly recorded at Bridgeport was 21.9 in January 2004.
Records at Bridgeport began on July 1 1948.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:10 PM EST on March 2, 2015
... Record setting cold temperatures across the forecast area...
The average temperature for February 2015 at Islip NY was 21.6. This breaks the old record for the coldest average monthly temperature for the month of February of 27.1 in 2007. This also breaks the record for the all time coldest average monthly temperature of 23.5 set in January 2004.
The average temperature for February 2015 at Bridgeport CT was 19.9. This breaks the old record for the coldest average monthly temperature for the month of February of 24.1 in 1978. This also breaks the record for the all time coldest average monthly temperature of 21.9 set in January 2004.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.