Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Forecast for Mahoning
Updated: 4:46 am EDT on March 12, 2014
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 am this morning to 8 PM EDT this evening...
Rain with a chance of sleet...then snow. Areas of blowing snow this afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times this afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Blustery and much cooler with highs in the lower 40s. Temperature falling into the lower 20s this afternoon. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph...becoming north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph this afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Areas of blowing snow in the evening. Snow in the evening...then snow showers likely after midnight. Additional snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Blustery and much colder with lows around 4 above. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 45 mph in the evening. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 11 below after midnight.
Partly sunny. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Much cooler with highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30 percent. Wind chill values as low as 14 below in the morning.
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 11 am this morning to 8 PM EDT this evening...
* accumulations... snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches... along with a light glaze of ice.
* Timing... rain will arrive this morning and change to snow by late morning. As the rain transitions to snow there could be a period of freezing rain and sleet. The snow will be heaviest during the afternoon... then become light by this evening.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to snow covered roads.
* Visibilities... will drop below a mile in snow... briefly dropping below a half mile at times.
* Temperatures... will fall through the day to near 20 degrees by late afternoon and into the single digits overnight.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of winter weather conditions such as snow... blowing snow... sleet... freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be significant... the word advisory implies that severe winter weather is not anticipated. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio for further details or updates.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.