... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 3 PM EST
* accumulations... snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches.
* Hazard types... heavy snow with blowing and drifting.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 10 inches.
* Timing... light snow this afternoon will slow the evening
commute. The brunt of the storm begins later this evening...
then eventually winds down Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... could be a major impact on travel especially tonight
through Tuesday morning... with blowing and drifting snow
increasing late Monday and Tuesday.
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the lower 20s.
* Visibility... one quarter mile or less at times.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.