Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 4 am EST Wednesday...
A chance of snow early...then snow and sleet. Snow and sleet accumulation around an inch. Highs in the upper 20s. South winds around 5 mph...increasing to 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Freezing rain...snow and sleet in the evening...then freezing rain...sleet and rain after midnight. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Ice accumulation of up to a tenth of an inch. Not as cool with lows in the upper 20s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 30s. West winds 15 to 20 mph.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 4 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... south central and central mountains... .lower to middle Susquehanna River valley.
* Hazard types... snow mixing with sleet... then changing to freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches... followed by between a trace and one tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow and sleet will develop during the midday... and mix with and change to freezing rain by late afternoon or early evening. A complete changeover to periods of light rain is likely over much of the south central mountains and lower Susquehanna River valley. However... areas of light freezing or freezing drizzle may persist for much of tonight throughout the central mountains.
* Impacts... hazardous travel and slippery untreated walkways. Isolated power outages possible where the freezing rain is heavier.
* Winds... south wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph on the ridgetops.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov... posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet @nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c... T... p... W... x.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.