... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 8 am EDT Thursday...
... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to noon
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Wind
Chill Advisory... which is in effect from midnight tonight to noon
* Timing... rain will change over to snow late this afternoon or
early this evening. The snow will become intermittent overnight
and will end by Thursday morning.
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 4 inches... especially on the higher
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to snow covered
roads. Reduced visibility in snow and blowing snow. Possible
flash freezes and dangerous wind chills Wednesday night and
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Temperatures... dropping below freezing late this afternoon and
dipping to the lower single digits Thursday morning.
* Wind chills... as low as 20 below tonight and Thursday morning.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
If you will be outdoors... dress in layers and wear a hat and
gloves. Frostbite and hypothermia are possible if precautions are
not taken. For the latest weather information... go to
weather.Gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag #ctpwx.