... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 11 am EST this
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Sunday afternoon through
* Locations... northeast Pennsylvania and most of central New York
except northern Oneida County.
* Hazards... bitter cold wind chill temperatures this morning.
Possible significant snow Sunday afternoon to Monday afternoon.
* Wind chill readings... 15 to 24 below this morning.
* Temperatures... 10 below to 10 above zero this morning.
* Winds... northwest 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph this
* Snow... potential for 7 inches or more Sunday afternoon to Monday
* Impacts... bitterly cold wind chills will bring frostbite quickly
to exposed skin this morning. Sunday afternoon to Monday
afternoon snow covered roads.
A Wind Chill Advisory is issued when winds combine with very cold
temperatures to create dangerous conditions for exposed skin. The
wind chill is expected to be cold enough to cause frostbite in
about 30 minutes or less... and could lead to hypothermia if
precautions are not taken. Those planning to venture outdoors
should use common sense and dress warmly... making sure that all
exposed skin is covered.
A Winter Storm Watch is in effect because heavy snow is a
possibility... but not a certainty. At this time... there is the
potential for snow accumulations of 7 inches or more. Travel
conditions could become hazardous... so it is important to monitor
the latest forecasts and statements if you are planning to travel
in the watch area.